Group mummy and baby classes are running on Wednesdays at 11:00-12:15h at Petra Yoga Studio in Kentish Town. The cost is £19 (cheaper if you buy in block) and the numbers are limited to 6 students, therefore everybody gets a lot of attention. Please click here to make a booking.
- Tone your pelvic floor, get back in shape and socialise with other mums in this friendly and relaxed class;
- The class numbers are limited to 6 mums and babies so everyone gets plenty of attention;
- The way the class works is the following: Mums do yoga and the babies lie/sit next to them. If the baby is unsettled or needs a feed, then the mum tends to the baby. If I can be of any help (i.e. if the baby just wants to be held and I don't need to demonstrate anything, I take the baby and try to settle it).
- The yoga that the mums do is tailored for post-partum, to make the pelvic floor stronger, and to tone the body up;
- The last 10 minutes in the class we spend in a circle with babies on mummies' laps and we do a sing-along, which babies love, in most cases;
- The atmosphere is very relaxed and I've had a lot of students who have become very good friends through the class.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: When can I start with mummy & baby yoga?
A: You can start attending classes as soon as you feel recovered from the birth. Usually that happens around 8 weeks postpartum.
Q: I had a C-section. When can I start?
A: You will need to have your 6-week check with the doctor and if you are recovering well, you can start as soon as you have a medical go-ahead.
Q: Do I need to bring my own mat to the class?
A: All the props you need (mat, bolster, blocks, straps) are provided. All you need is comfortable clothing, such as a T-shirt and leggings.
Q: Can I see some testimonials?
A: Please visit my page on netmums.com for testimonials.
A mother of three, Petra has been teaching pregnancy and post-natal yoga classes in London since 2003. She is a qualified birthlight teacher and continues to study with the birthlight founder, Dr. Francoise Freedman. Petra's approach is gentle and holistic, but at the same time it is designed to make the new mums fitter, stronger and more supple.